Forget the curve ball. Give 'em the heater!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Book Report :) Lefty's Legacy

Sandy Koufax: A Lefty's Legacy
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=ex1YuWrAxQ&isbn=0060195339&itm=1

I’ll be honest, I knew nothing about Koufax outside of the fact that he pitched for Dodgers and refused to take the mound on Yom Kippur. After reading this, I wished that I was around to see every one of his pitches. Koufax once threw over a hundred pitches while WARMING UP in the bullpen. I mean, this guy was an absolute warrior, so much so his flame fizzled out way too early. Emotion filled book detailing everything from Koufax’s college basketball numbers to his time in the bigs. Lefty’s Legacy is told from the point of view of every batter who swung threw his curve and you feel their pain. The book also taught me to never ever (eva, eva?) compare Pedro Martinez’s numbers to Koufax’s numbers in front of my pop.

On a scale of One to Five Baseballs: FIVE BASEBALLS

-JG

2 Comments:

Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Full Software Download - Get full access to thousands of applications!

Restore, Fix & Clean Up Your Registry Files and Errors in Windows. Does your PC crash, is your system running slow or are you receiving regular error messages? This program will scan your system registry and hard drive for invalid file and system references for free. These invalid references cause system instability, PC errors, constant crashes, and general system slowdowns.

XoftSpy - The Latest in Anti-Spyware & Adware Technology

8:52 AM

 
Blogger Blog World said...

i was just browsing through the blog world searching for the keyword posters and it brought me to your site. You have a great site however it is not exactly what i was looking for. Good luck on your site.

3:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home