Forget the curve ball. Give 'em the heater!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Book Report :) Lefty's Legacy

Sandy Koufax: A Lefty's Legacy
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=ex1YuWrAxQ&isbn=0060195339&itm=1

I’ll be honest, I knew nothing about Koufax outside of the fact that he pitched for Dodgers and refused to take the mound on Yom Kippur. After reading this, I wished that I was around to see every one of his pitches. Koufax once threw over a hundred pitches while WARMING UP in the bullpen. I mean, this guy was an absolute warrior, so much so his flame fizzled out way too early. Emotion filled book detailing everything from Koufax’s college basketball numbers to his time in the bigs. Lefty’s Legacy is told from the point of view of every batter who swung threw his curve and you feel their pain. The book also taught me to never ever (eva, eva?) compare Pedro Martinez’s numbers to Koufax’s numbers in front of my pop.

On a scale of One to Five Baseballs: FIVE BASEBALLS

-JG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home