Forget the curve ball. Give 'em the heater!

Monday, August 15, 2005

Nantz's Quest for World Domination


Ok let me preface my statements by letting everyone know that I have a great amount of respect for Jim Nantz. I mean the guy has to spend an entire month with Billy Packer so he must be a man of great inner peace, but enough is enough. Someone has to stand up to CBS and let them know that I am sick of living in Nantz-land.

During the Fall we used to be forced to watch his stiff banter with Deion, but now he has weasled into the number one booth position making it impossible to avoid his bland delivery. I enjoy his "professionalism", but doesn't CBS has other play by play guys? Nantz covers all the PGA majors, March Maddness, and the NFL, making no month safe from his coverage.

Does Nantz have incriminating photos of Les Moonves having his way with Randy Cross?

Now you don't think I would knock on Jimmy without settin up his replacement do you? Give time to Kevin Harlan, the former Timberwolves voice, who is the real star of CBS. Not only does Harlan yell at the opportune times, but he uses the phrase "flamethrower". As in "Trent Green is a FLAMETHROWER!!!!". High Comedy people, but we won't ever hear it as long as Jim Nantz pollutes our air waves with his cool calm tenor.

Wake up CBS, Jim Nantz is Dunzo.

- BL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home