Forget the curve ball. Give 'em the heater!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Papi Talks Roids

``Let me tell you something. My English is not the best, but I can understand everything. I can read, I can write. And sometimes, I misunderstand things. Think about a guy who can't really talk or read?'' Papi said. ``I'm not making excuses for those guys. But I think they would prefer if someone talked to them (in Spanish) . . . the system is all (expletive). You might think everyone's got the message, but they don't.''

Papi Ortiz thinks the system's wrong. Papi thinks Latin American players are taking illegal substances because of the language barrier. Papi thinks that there needs to be a way for the MLBPA to teach Latin American players what to look for and what not to take. And you know what? He's right. Just look at the guys who have tested positive, four of the five players suspended have come from Latin American countries.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=81335

-JG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home