Forget the curve ball. Give 'em the heater!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Book Report :) The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty

The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty: The Game, the Team, and the Cost of Greatness - Buster Olney
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=yR4d7Ys9OC&isbn=0060515066&itm=1

If I taught a class on Yankee history, I would assign this to my summer reading list. The Last Night gives in depth looks into the Yankee clubhouse, front office and players lives outside of the game. Game seven against the D-Backs haunts me still to this day, but reading about it proved rather cleansing. I opened the book on my train ride to work and seriously contemplated not getting off the train until the book was finished. Great read for baseball lovers. Excellent read for Yankee lovers.

On a scale of One to Five Baseballs: FIVE BASEBALLS
-JG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home